Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Gamble

I don't know how to tell you

but somehow I think you know

That what you really mean to me

is more than I'd show.

at times I would like to hold you

And show you that I care..

But the thought that stops me reaching,

Is finding you not there.

And I guess I had to tell you so my heart would let be me...

I've put a gamble on your heart,

The token is on you,not me...

So if you ever make more

I've gambled...

I've lost...

But just the fact that we are friends..

Is worth what it'll cost...

Published In the Times Of India,Saturday Supplement,Kolkata circle,03rd Oct.'08...this reproduction is for those who missed it.

1 comment:

NN OJHA said...

The poem is sheer beauty and bliss rolled together. I'm sure the poet too is no less.

Reflection muses...

Language is the basis for recapturing experience...

- Cyhthia Selfae