Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Helpful Kolkatans....

Kolkatans have always known to be helpful, I hadn't known how much till today. The inevitable believers of the "bandh culture", the ruling Marxists had called a transport strike today, and I had my violin classes... of course I could have been absent, but I really didn't wanna miss the class... my destination wasn't really far but it was far enough to be covered by foot... as the roads appeared deserted with no shops open, no public transport in sight, a typical bandh day for Kolkata, I was actually contemplating calling up my sir to inform him that I after all wouldn't be able to come and would he please schedule another class perhaps next week... Well, as I was deep in thinking , a rickshaw pulled to a stop beside me and a lady on the richshaw asked me whether I would like to share her ride, it was a blessing... because I hadn't even noticed a rickshaw this morning... she was truely a nice lady and I reached my deatination in time for the class...
While coming back, again my luck favoured and I managed to hitchhike a Hiyundi Accent and a young man at wheels!!!! :) ... I had always heard Kolkatans are helpful, today i got to see how much... :)

No comments:

Reflection muses...

Language is the basis for recapturing experience...

- Cyhthia Selfae